GIVEN they're played with in warm, soapy water, you'd think children's bath toys would stay pretty clean.
But a shocking video shared online by a concerned dad has shown why it's incredibly important to regularly wash - and dry - them properly.
YouTuber Jack Toepfer's clip, which has received thousands of views since he shared it earlier this month, reveals the potentially harmful grime and mould that could be lurking inside your kids' favourite bath toys.
In the video, Jack squeezes a small plastic pirate over his sink.
As water comes gushing out, shockingly it's followed by chunks of grim black gunge which rests in the basin.
In the post beneath the clip, entitled "Throw out your bath toys!", Jack explains that this mould came out of the toy after water had already been squirted out in the bath and again onto a bath towel.
He warned: "Any toys that hold water, that squirt water, or otherwise do not dry completely in an hour or so - throw them out.
"Your kids chew on these, drink out of them, and otherwise trust that they are clean because they are in a soapy bath, after all."
Jack went on to explain that there is no way for these squeeze toys to dry completely, so instead they sit damp and festering in dark moist places, creating a "mould paradise".
"If you have any now, throw them out," he urged.
"If your kids insist on using them, throw them out after the first bath. They are cheap and there are better bath toys out there."
MOST READ IN FABULOUS
INSTA-MANMum whose weight loss ended her marriage finds love with personal training client
'I TOLD NO ONE'Mum's shame after thanking man she woke to find having drunken sex with her
truth timeAsking this ONE question on a first date could determine your future together
Virgin AuctionModel, 18, is selling her virginity… and claims bidding has started at £890k
MYTH BUSTERSThe clitoris is 12cm long - plus other things you never knew about the vagina
FLASH HITSHere are the most daring celeb gowns ever after Halle Berry's see-through frock
It's not the first time parents have warned against the dangers of hidden mould in children's toys.
Last year we reported how a mum was horrified after discovering her child's Sophie the Giraffe toy was "full of mould".
Following this, Dr Lisa Ackerley, aka The Hygiene Doctor, warned that black mould can produce toxins that can cause allergic reactions.
In October, YouTuber Viva Frei slashed open one of his kid's rubber bath toys to show the mould developing inside it.
Source : https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5316640/dad-video-keep-childrens-bath-toys-clean/